My first try worked out to be the best rice pilaf that I ever had! I will keep experimenting with it, but I don't think that any radical changes will be necessary.
- Rice cooker
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons freezed dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
When it completes the cooking cycle, stir it up again, add the water, and run it through another cycle.
If it is still a little moist after stirring, leave the cooker on "warm" and prop the lid open for a few minutes.