Holy Basil Beef
Submitted by dave on Wed, 2006-03-22 19:27.
This is one of my favorite 10 minute Thai stir fry dishes. It is a delicious, simple dish with an easy to adjust heat level. While it is definitely better with Holy Basil, it is still quite tasty if you substitute with regular thai basil.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 ounces lean steak, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 4 fresh Thai chiles, sliced (adjust to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 20 Holy Basil leaves
- Heat your wok over high heat. When you can add a drop of water and it dances around, add the oil.
- Once the oil heats up, stir-fry the garlic and the beef for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and contiue stir-frying for an additional 2 minutes
Delightful Thai Cooking - Eng Tie Ang