Fresh Garden Salsa
It was actually a bit of a freak chance that I discovered how much better this salsa was when using cherry tomatoes. They were the first to ripen a couple of years ago, and the extra sweetness combined with the thin skin and small seeds made for a really wonderful salsa.
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, preferably sweet cherry tomatoes, including seeds and juice.
- 1 medium/large red burgermaster or walla walla onion fresh from the ground, chopped
- 2 homegrown hot garlic cloves (about the size of 8 store bought cloves), minced.
- 2-4 jalapenos, chopped. Seedpod removed, veins and some seeds left in.
- 2-4 fresno chiles, same as above.
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped.
- Juice of 1 lime.
- A couple of splashes of brown rice vinegar.
- 1 tsp of salt to draw out the juice. Add more to taste later.
- A few dashes of chipotle powder and whatever other ground chiles strike your fancy